I have been using Excel intensively for over two decades to run complex operations across the world, so I specialise in consultancy on spreadsheets that analyse data quickly, designing them to help improve business decisions and automating repetitive tasks.
With a wealth of experience as a manager and consultant on operational planning and budgeting in addition to Excel consulting and working on over 1,800 Excel projects for over 700 organisations.
So I pick up and understand business requirements quickly and enjoy helping people solve problems quickly, saving them both time and money.
“Working with Peter has been excellent and a worthwhile investment. Your patience and skillset are greatly appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to upskill us – we have really enjoyed learning more about the system. Our lives are a lot easier now!”Krishma Tangri, Logistics Area Manager, Aldi
Excel consultancy – previous work examples:
- Large numbers of Excel dashboards to consolidate different analyses into one place with graphs.
- Quoting tools, quoting systems and invoicing spreadsheets.
- HR spreadsheets – salary payments, days holiday, timesheets, recruitment tracking, staffing tables.
- Timesheets for staff clocking in and out, with calculations of monthly hours, with or without barcode scanning of IDs.
- Automated data processing Excel macros (VBA).
- Automated import, processing and export of CSV files downloaded from corporate systems.
- Automated completion of forms, database files and Word documents using Mail Merge or customised macros.
- Creation of management spreadsheets to analyse time lost from production line breakdowns.
- Analysis of financial data to create summaries and reports for accountants, operational managers and stockbrokers.
- Spreadsheets for analysis and presentation of fitness and injury data for Premiership football clubs.
- Operational budgets of $159 million and $92 million for election management plus the creation of a generic template for future budgets.
- Calculation of election results for Kosovo and Afghanistan. After that, worksheets used for printing and distribution the results to the worlds media.
- Creation of reporting tools that compile into central data analysis tool eg gathering data from workers in the field and compiling the data into one file and analysing it.
- Timelines for complex operations, such as planning the election operations for refugees living in 14 countries..
- Analysing of complex data eg searching for duplicates in list of voters, error anomalies in election results.
- Analysis of prices and quotes from suppliers to work out which is the best value.
- Creation of reports and graphs from large data sets.
- Calculators for quantities of materials eg what should the distribution of election material be for the whole of Afghanistan.
- Tracking and management of task lists of hundreds of items.
- Reporting and presenting statistics for the world media.
- Creation of a spreadsheet for printing cheques and envelopes for paying $2.25 million to 12,000 staff.
- Creation of double data entry system in Excel for accurate data entry.
- CSV file conversions or to convert data from one layout to another automatically with macros or formulas.
- Website data file creation eg for Shopify, Ebay, Amazon, Magento and Matrixify / Excelify applications.
- Developing over 1,800 Excel projects with over 700 clients.
Excel Training & coaching
- I also do training & coaching for medium and advanced users of Excel such as managers who already know how the basics and want to make more powerful use of it. For example this might be generally or for a specific project. In addition, I have previously trained many managers in the UK and around the world in Excel to maximise their efficiency and effectiveness.
- I run any form of refresher, bespoke and/or customised Excel training courses; online or onsite. No training project too small, so I can help with a single formula if needed.
- I have run intermediate and advanced Excel training for large and small companies.
Typical topics covered by your experienced Excel trainer:
- Advanced Excel training
- Intermediate Excel training
- Refresher Excel training
- Bespoke Excel training
- Customised Excel training matrix
- Excel training courses
- Excel training online
- Excel training in person / onsite
- Consultancy on building spreadsheets that work in the long term